Install the latest
To install the latest version of portray simply run:
pip3 install portray
poetry add portray
pipenv install portray
see the Installation QuickStart for more instructions.
1.6.0 - April 1 2021
- Updated minimum version of mkdocs material to 7.0.0 to address security concerns on earlier versions.
1.5.2 - Feb 16 2021
- Fix incompatibility with latest version of mkdocs and portray on github pages command.
1.5.1 - Jan 29 2020
- Bump minimum version of pdocs as it has a bug rendering some doc strings.
1.5.0 - Jan 16 2020
- Fixed issue #60: Portray in_browser ignores port.
- Fixed issue #63: Custom "output_dir" ignored in pyproject.toml config.
- Added support for live reload.
- Added support for Google and Numpy doc string formats.
1.4.0 - June 12 2020
- Upgraded mkdocs-material & pymdown-extensions
1.3.2 - June 07 2020
- Bump pdocs dependency to include some package inclusion improvements.
- Speed up doc copying by only copying markdown files.
1.3.1 - September 22 2019
- Fixed Issue 43 - Automatically remap
_when attempting to auto-determine module name.
extra_markdown_extensionsconfig option, to enable adding markdown extensions without having to redefine default set included by portray.
1.3.0 - September 15 2019
- Potentially backward compatibility breaking performance optimization: portray now only renders root project files + the specified documentation directory + any specified extra_dirs.
If a previously utilized file used to be auto included, but is no longer, you can force its inclusion by adding its directory to
extra_dirs.For many projects, this change results in a significantly smaller output size and significantly faster documentation generation.
- Implemented Issue 31 - Improved repository auto-discovery and formatting.
- Fixed Issue 33 - Improving usability and documentation of nav customization.
- Added many additional test cases - Reaching 100% test coverage.
- Added indicators that let users know what step is occurring during documentation generation.
1.2.4 - September 5 2019
- Fixed Issue 23 - A confirmed regression from moving to
pdocsthat caused root modules to not be auto included.
1.2.3 - September 4 2019
- Fixed a bug specifying the output dir for
as_htmlcommand from the command line.
- Updated to use Python3.6+ style variable annotations.
1.2.2 - September 4 2019
- Fixed a bug specifying modules from command line when no configuration file is present.
1.2.1 - September 3 2019
- General improvements to reference code documentation rendering
1.2.0 - September 3 2019
Potentially breaking dependency change release from pdoc3 to pdocs.
pyproject.tomlconfig section changes from
- Type annotations are no longer toggleable but are rather always on.
1.1.0 - August 29 2019
Minor Feature release w/ Bug Fixes
- Added support for specifying modules directly from the CLI and API.
- Added auto module detect for simple setup.py files.
- Improved CLI subcommand documentation.
- Implemented Issue 12 - Clarify what a "project" is in documentation.
- Fixed Issue 2 - UnicodeEncodeError except when running portray.
- Fixed Issue 10 - Class methods rendered incorrectly.
- Fixed Issue 17 - Portray silently requires README.md file.
1.0.5 - August 26 PM 2019
Bug fix release
- Fixed Issue 6 - Failed to open web-browser on startup.
- Fixed Issue 5 - Some links are missing a trailing slash.
- Fixed Issue 4 - Class references generate large code block.
Big thanks to Marcel Hellkamp (@defnull) for fixing these issues.
1.0.0 - August 26 AM 2019
Initial API stable release of portray